We know you are busy but being sustainable doesn’t have to be a huge undertaking. Here are our quick tips to start making a change in 2020!
- Take it one step at a time; don’t let yourself get overwhelmed by the ideas on the list and just try and start with one!
- Educate yourself on what’s going on in the world and how we can help (see our book list on the latest newsletter).
- The easiest thing you can do is start using a reusable bottle. Have one for your coffee and one for your water! Our favorites are Klean Kanteen and The Brita Filtering Water Bottle.
- Shop local markets! It can be an opportunity to do your grocery shopping as a fun outing for you and your family. A trip to a farmers market or local farm is far more engaging than another trip to Walmart.
- Buy natural toys or engage in fun, sustainable activities. Lots of really fun science projects can be done with items found around the house. Play games outside if the weather permits!
- There are a lot of really easy ways to switch to all-natural cleaning projects. As one item runs out, replace it with a new natural one. There are great companies out there that make it easy to find products and even have them automatically shipped so you don’t run out.
- Try to consciously reduce waste while on the job by going digital in the office…and refuse to print! Why waste paper printing your meeting notes? Just use your tablet; you can type additional notes on it without having to worry about running out of ink.
- Redeem! Go to Recyclingperks.com and get discounts from local businesses and from our national partners offering sustainable goods.
Thanks for reading!
Click the button below to get 50 points for taking the time to learn something new!
Get 50 points!